The tradition can be cultural or simply for fun. For many brides, they love keeping with tradition and they will change at least 3 times.Read More
Wedding Planning is our jam! We love it!! So ALL of the weddings from 2016 are awesome. But our absolute favorite moment of 2016 was this precious moment that took our breath away...
This couple decided they wanted to wait to see each other at the ceremony. So we orchestrated this beautiful moment between two love birds. They lingered on either side of the door talking, laughing and holding hands. How precious. How beatiful. How breath-taking!
Here at AAYE we are always listening to you and coming up with fresh new ideas! We want your wedding day to be a reflection of your unique love story! One of our favorite moments in 2016 was this private dance between bride and groom in an empty ballroom. These two had just said their vows. Before they jumped right into the party with all their guests, we orchestrated an opportunity for them to connect and breathe in the day.
On your wedding day time really flies! It can leave you feeling rushed. Let us take the stress out of your day and give you peace!
So, you are engaged! Super exciting stuff! What now? Where do you start planning?
Celebrate your engagement! Enjoy the time. Tell your proposal story all over town. Don't feel like you must rush into setting a date, or taking planning advice from everyone and their mother. Relax. All will be well in good time.
Once you are ready to plan your wedding start by setting a budget first. Nothing is more important than deciding what amount of money you are willing to spend on the wedding celebrations. It is a mistake to begin anywhere else!
Next step... Guest list. Start by writing everyone down that you would love to invite. Maybe its everyone on your kickball team? Or all your workout friends from cross fit! Let your parents contribute their dream lists as well. Now decide what's reasonable. If you would like to have 250 guests and your budget is $20,000 you might have some trouble serving a plated meal and hosting a full bar.
At this point its best to prioritize your wants. I usually ask my clients to pick their top 5 most important elements. If your top five are: plated steak dinner, hosted bar, awesome photography, Hollywood style videography, and lush flowers. I'd advise you that $20,000 for 250 guests will be quite difficult. The best way to be sure you get all the important items on your top 5 list.... limit your guest count. I know... I'll let that sink in...
My job as a wedding planner is often educating my clients as to what is reasonable within their particular situation. The good news... wedding consultants can save you so much money in the long run. Contact us today! Let us help you make your dream wedding possible!!
Listen guys it's pretty much been the evening wedding for 20 years now - that's the most popular thing around. But honestly let's be real, there's just nothing better than brunch food! The fact that you can party in the morning! I'm sold! How about you? That's why I think we should bring back the brunch wedding. Let's begin with reason number 1...
1. Budget. Economically speaking there's just no better way to save money then picking a time of day that isn't the premium. Most wedding venues will charge you two to three times as much for a wedding on a Saturday night but a wedding on Saturday morning for brunch is so much more affordable. What about dancing you say? People don't dance during the day what can I do about that?
2. Alcohol. There's no other better way to kick off the party! Serve a little 'get up and dance juice.' It's totally acceptable at 11 a.m. to drink if you're having brunch. Everybody loves the brunch classics mimosas and bloody marys - you know the fun stuff. Did someone say mimosa or bloody mary bar? Good times will be had by all.
3. Location. The most likely selected your wedding venue by visiting it during the day. So logic would state that you love that outside - the landscape, the view, the garden, etc. However, if you have an evening wedding your guests get to enjoy that view or that garden or the the ocean for maybe an hour before the sun sets and then it's pitch black outside and what you love the most about your venue is no longer relevant. A brunch wedding allows your guests to enjoy the venue that you selected. The beautiful gardens, the roses, the view of the ocean, whatever made you fall in love with the space.
4. Customize it. Weddings these days are really all about what you want. Customize your event to your specific wants and needs and vision. Do you want to have dancing? Do you want to throw out the first dance all together and not even have it? Do you want to toss the bouquet or not? You want to give away your bouquet?Really! Your wedding is about what you make of it and when you select something like a brunch wedding it's unique and individual! It allows you to mix it up -without much scrutiny or questioning from anyone because you've already set yourself outside of what's considered traditional. There is no expectation when you are defining for yourself what your wedding will be.
5. Time. When you get married in the morning and host a brunch reception your wedding is done by 2pm. What will you do with the rest of your day?! Yeah! That's up to you. Maybe have an intimate dinner with just your closest family at someone's home. Enjoy, laugh, relax. Who gets to relax on their wedding day and enjoy more hours of actually celebrating!? You do! You clever thing!
Contact me! Let's plan your brunch wedding!